Sunday, March 11, 2012

See The World!


Happy Sunday!
I can't believe the weekend's almost over and I CAN'T believe we all lost a precious hour of art time.  Stupid Daylight Savings! *sigh*

G-fa Giraffe has been on my mind for a while.  I finished coloring G-fa yesterday morning at Coffee and Crafts with my BFF Jeni.  We had a great time using our Copics and chatting over coffee.  Thanks Jeni <3  My co-worker Tracey inspired this card because she is leaving for a trip to Africa soon.  Tracey is a travelin' fool and quite an inspiration.  She never misses an opportunity to visit a new country or try something new.  Her travel stories have given me and DH Lou the spark to plan journeys far and wide (once the boys have graduated of course.)  I used  two items in my design space for the first time to make this card.  Jeni from Flip Flop Creations found my "Photographie" stamp at a stamp show in Columbia last year and my Labels Eighteen Spellbinders.  They were perfect for this card.  What a fun challenge.  Thanks Mo!  I hope everyone has a wonderful week and finds their lost hour somwhere!  ;)
Card Recipe
Digital Stamp:  Maurie Manning's G-Fa Giraffe of Mo's Digital Pencil
Paper:  K&Company Ancestry.com Teal Floral&Letter Flat Paper, Franes Meyer World Map
Spellbinders Labels Eighteen, "Photographie" stamp (no identifying trademarks or symbols,) Copics and hemp twine

5 comments:

Elaine L. said...

This is wonderful! I think this is the first time I've seen this cute fella colored up! I have him, but haven't used him yet...now I'm inspired! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Kim said...

Thank you Elaine. I'm glad I've inspired you to use G-fa. He's an adorable image <3

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Total gorgeousness! Love the black framing, really makes it pop. You used the stamp I got you, Yay! Looks great with this image. ~jeni :)

Pat said...

Hi Kim! I love this! What a wonderful backdrop you've created for this adorable Mo Manning giraffe! Such gorgeous coloring too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Linda said...

Perfect combo for an African Safari trip! Love the addition of the photo stamp. I was dying to see what you would do with it. Hugs, Linda