Friday, April 20, 2012

All Buttoned Up!

Totally Papercrafts Challenge #113

Friday has arrived and it's time for another Totally Papercrafts Challenge.  Our host this week is the lovely Anne of Craftyanny's.  Anne makes the most fantastic creations.  Stop over to her blog and give her some love.  This week Anne wants us to use buttons.   Along with making a creation for my TPDT, I had to present a project at my Inky Digits club.   I wanted something different that would cover both bases, be useful and versatile.  While shopping for um....er....groceries, yeah, groceries and important household items ;)  I saw 3/5 covered notepads in the store that had a hefty price.  They were neat but boring very manufactured.  I took one off the shelf and thought "I can make that."  I went home and put my ideas and inspiration to work.  This project has MANY variations and I hope it inspires all of you to make your own version be it a photo album or a catch all for your recipe cards, a journal or a sketch pad.  Our sponsor for this weeks prize is The Ribbon Girl.  Grab some buttons,  join our challenge this week and Happy Crafting! <3
I Covered the FRONT ONLY of the front chipboard cover.
I measured and punched holes on the front cover to fit my button.
I used hemp twine to tie my button on the front cover.  I then frayed the twine at the top for effect.
I then finished inside of the front cover with matching designer paper
I covered the FRONT ONLY of the back chipboard cover.
At the center and 1/2 inch from the bottom, I punched a small hole just big enough to fit my twine through.
I used approximately 12 inches of twine.  I threaded 4 inches through the hole of the back cover adhering it to the inside of the back cover.
I finished the inside of my back cover with designer paper
I puched holes in the upper corner of my covers.
I used those as templates to line up and puch holes in my index cards.
I used a 1 inch bookring decorated with ribbon to hold my notepad together.
Enjoy!

Papers: DCWV La Creme Matstack, Chipboard from Kinkos
Stamps:  Compass Rose from Rubber Soul and Skull and Crossbones from Stampabilities
Embellishments:  Button from Marie Hecker (DMIL) Hemp Twine for wrap around closure, Ribbon

Our sponsor this week:
and the prize package is:

How beautiful is this collection of ribbon?!  Join us for the Buttoned up challenge this week for your chance to win! <3

10 comments:

Craftyanny said...

o'er this is clever Kim. I know exactly what you mean about seeing things and thinking 'I can do that' I do it often but unlike you never do lol
A great little project.
Anne x

Wendy said...

Fabulous creation Kim...enjoy the weekend.
Wendy xx

Flip-Flop Creations said...

I just loved making this Tuesday night, Kim! Great idea for a gift. I am going to keep mine in my purse in case I get a crafty idea so I can jot it down before I forget it. Lol
~jeni :)

Sue said...

Hi hun
hi hun oh this is fabulous a brill creation, i never think oh i can make that! lol have a lovely weekend hun, sue,x

mixamatoasties said...

That's fabby Kim. I know 2 small boys here who would love that... Maybe I should make them more notebooks!

Have a great weekend.

Susan xx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous creation Kim :-) I love making little notebooks, albums etc and this is such an inspiration ,,, gorgeous ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Linda said...

Kim I love my little notebook. We had so much fun Tuesday night making them. Great inspiration my friend. Have a great weekend. Linda

Lisa T said...

Very cool project! Have a terrific weekend!

Victoria said...

morning this is so major cool

sarah's little snippets said...

I love this Kim! Such a great idea to punch holes to add the button. I'll have to remember that :) Thanks for sharing how to make it. Sarah x