Friday, June 1, 2012

Congratulations Ethan!


Happy Friday Blogland.  It's time for another Totally Papercrafts Challenge.  This week our hostess with the mostest is Linda of Turtle in the Sand.  Linda is a wonderful artist and personal friend of mine.  Stop by her blog and check out her amazing cards then leave her some lovely comments.  This week Linda has us making a creation/card with more than one fold.  I found a splendid tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers and I had to make my own!  AJ Otto posted the Accordion file folder tutorial in 2009.  You may have already seen this but I'm fairly new and just found it.
This "Passport" is for my oldest son Ethan.  He turned 18 years old last week and is graduating from high school tonight.  A lot going on in his world right now so I wanted to make him a keepsake of advice from the family and things he has and will continue to learn over the years.  I did not include the sentiments and my mom "blah, blah, blah" in the photos.  But each tag has writing and sentiments for him.  Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp.  You could win a $25.00 gift voucher to their store just for entering your creation!
Stop by Totally Papercrafts and visit my wonderful DT teamies creations for more awesome inspiration and join us at this weeks challenge!
Enjoy your weekend and Happy Crafting!
FRONT

 
 Inside with Tags pulled.  Each tag has a finished front and back.

 
Inside with tags inserted.

Card Recipe:
Paper:  Recollections, K&Company, DCWV Card Stack, Random scraps from the scrap box
Embellishments/Tools:  Recollections Brads, K&Company Par Avion Die Cuts, K&Company Blue Awning Embossed Stickers, Mead Manila Left Tab File Folder, Black generic ink pad to ink all edges, Paperclips from Staples, EK Punch

This weeks fabulous prize and sponsor is:

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Fabulous project Kim...enjoy the weekend.
Wendy xx

mixamatoasties said...

That is fantastic Kim, love it!

Have a good weekend.

Susan x

Linda said...

What a perfect memento for Ethan. Hope graduation went smoothly and enjoy your party. I'll be thinking of you while in Charleston. Hugs to Ethan too. Linda

Lisa T said...

What a cool project! I love the vintage look. Hope you are having a great weekend!

AJ said...

this is fabulous! love it!

Fluffles said...

What a clever idea, really love this one and I'm sure your son will too. My son turns 18 this year too & as you say there is so much going on in their lives, so I'm sure he'll add bits to his passport as he progresses in life. Jx