Saturday, June 23, 2012

Free Digi

The Best Dad Ever

Happy Weekend Bloggers.  I hope everyone is having a lovely, crafty weekend.  I wanted to share my latest creations with you and give you a fun freebie for the 4th of July.  The freebie is available for a limited time before it shoots back into the shop. 

My new digi is inspired by my dad.  He loves trains and passed that love down to my brother and the grandchildren.  When creating a card I normally sketch a surprise digi for the recipient but dad had me stumped.  When visiting a few weeks ago dad mentioned that he used to have a model train set years ago.  BINGO!  I got right to work sketching the
 "R.B.G. Express." 

This card is on it's way to N.J. it's for the best dad ever.  The photo on the inside is my brother Bob, sister Donna, Dad and me.  It was taken in 2007 by our mom who sadly, has since passed away.   Bob, Donna and I are not small.  Each one of us is over 6 feet tall and mom had a small couch.  We were trying to fit on the couch and not squash dad as mom ordered us to "squish" closer together so she could fit us in the frame.  Our smiles were from laughing at mom for being so bossy.
It was a good day. <3 

I hope this inspires you to create, get crafty and make happy memories.  Scroll to the bottom for your freebie.  Happy Crafting! <3 -Kim

Card Recipe:
Digital Stamp:  OPC Studios R.B.G. Express
Papers:  Recollections Cardstock, Southworth Linen
Embellishments/Tools:  Spellbinders Labels Eight, Tim Holtz Embossing Folder, Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Garland Die, Martha Stewart Punch



The R.B.G. Express can be found in my Etsy Shop



Your Freebie is perfect for the 4th of July or for OWH.  Available for a limited time only.  Please leave a comment and follow for updates.  Enjoy! <3 -Kim




8 comments:

sue - bearhouse said...

gorgeous card. I love the image and the layout is fabulous with a beautiful photo
Thanks for the freebie digi

Sue

Vicky said...

Fabulous Kim....:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Kim.
Wendy xx

Cathy -Mercieschild said...

Love this star. Yes, for OWH and for my 19 year old grandson who is in Afghanistan in the army as a mine sweeper. Thank you bunches for this. hugs , Cathy K

Pauline said...

Thank you for the freebie star image... I know I'll use it often. Thanks for sharing the story about the photo you used in your card too... it's wonderful to reflect on happy memories of our loved ones!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Silverbutterfly said...

Neat digi, thanks..

Silverbutterfly

Suzanne said...

Thanks for sharing!!

txexperiment said...

Thanks for the star. I love the train also!