Monday, August 13, 2012

Free Digi and New Listings

G' day mates and happy Monday.  I'm plopped in front of the T.V. with my notebook to bring you the latest from Oak Pond and a limited time free digi.
Crocodile Dundee is on AMC right now.  I love that movie!
 It made me want to move to Australia in the worst way when I was young.
Before we get to the new digis I want to share a card I made for a relative who lives in Virginia.  I decided to sketch her a digi and chose the state flower of Virginia, the Flowering Dogwood. 

Currently I make my digis the old fashion way.
I sketch, ink and then scan. 
Photoshop is next for a clean up and digitizing
my sketch.


After completing my digital stamp I add color.
I'm using my Prismas and blenders
(my Copics are feeling pretty neglected these days)
After I color an image, the hardest part of every card I make is choosing
paper.  UGH!  My besties Flip Flop Creations Jeni and Turtle in the Sand Linda
are super pro at this.  They can choose colors in about 30 seconds.
I'm lucky if I've decided on one piece after 30 minutes. 

Decisions are finally made and every thing's together.
I used this for one of their challenges a while back
and modified it just a tiny bit for my finished card.
Card Recipe
Digital Stamp:  OPC's Jessica's Dogwood (free for a limited time scroll down)
Papers:  Stash and DCWV Naturals Cardstock Stack
Tools Embellishments:  Spellbinders Labels 22, Sizzix Scrolls, Glitter Glue, Prismas



Three new digis in the shop:



The freebie has expired.
Another free digi will
post soon.
<3 -Kim








24 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

Just beautiful, love your coloring. Your choice of paper and embellishments is great.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 2 post on Aug. 14, 2012. Thanks again.

Lilla in AL said...

Thank you for the blossom. Your card is pretty.

scrapclose2theheart said...

Thank you. I certainly love the way you colored it! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the dogwood digi. It's beautiful! As for your card... what can I say... it's GORGEOUS!!!!!!
With kind regards, Enjay xo

Suze said...

That card is stunning - until I read the post properly I thought it as a framed print. Thank you very much for sharing the image.

jperr said...

Thanks for the lovely dogwood image,it is our notive in our province BC.
Jocelan

Anonymous said...

fab thank you

Jacq said...

I'm like you, it takes me an age to decide on what paper to use, your choice for this card was well worth the time hunting, it's gorgeous! I'm sure Jessica was thrilled to receive it. :)
The Pacific Dogwood is our province's national flower so this will come in very handy. Thanks for sharing your beautiful image. :)

Charlene Mitchell said...

Beautiful freebie and so is your card! And I'm right with you in picking out papers! Takes me forever to make a card!

Cathy -Mercieschild said...

Your card is so beautiful and I love dogwood. thank you so very very much for sharing both , Hugs, Cathy

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Your new digis are wonderful my friend!!! Jackson had me print his otter out on a WHOLE piece of paper so he could color it to hang in his room. I think he likes it just a little. Lol
Your card is gorgeous!! At first I thought it was a magnolia...DUH! Definitely a beautiful dogwood blossom. ~jeni :)

Pauline said...

G'day, Mate! I must admit, as over-stereotypical as Croc Dundee is, I still love it too! Thank you so much for the Dogwood freebie... I love it ...we don't have dogwoods down here, and I so loved them whilst living in BC Canada!
That's not a knife, that's a CRAFT knife! LOL Have a great day...
hugs and blessings,
Pauline
Your mate from Down Under

Kathleen said...

A beautiful dogwood image, thank you.

Mata 12 said...

This is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Mary Van Skiver said...

Thanks for the beautiful dogwood image.

Mary Van Skiver said...

Thanks for the beautiful dogwood image.

KarKar said...

Thank you for the dogwood! I always love springtime when they are in bloom.

Suzanne said...

Loved your card...makes me want to get the prismas out again. I, too, struggle with putting cards together just hoping it gets better with more practice. Thanks for sharing the digi!!

Amy said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for the digi. I always choose my paper first and then colour the image to match. It's easier for me that way. :)

Silverbutterfly said...

Your Card & Digi are both just lovely, thanks...

Silverbutterfly

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 4 post on Aug. 15, 2012. Thanks again.

Karal Schuknecht said...

Thank you for the lovely dogwood flower

Linda said...

Duh, I am with Jeni. I thought this was a magnolia too. LOL Honey you colored this beautifully. It takes my breath away. As for paper, it is a challenge for me as well. So many papers and so many colors. It is so hard to narrow it down sometimes.