Sunday, September 2, 2012

New Digi and a Card for Tim

Hey all!  It's been a while but I'm still here.  I've been a busy gal since the start of the school year.  I'm starting to catch up and I hope to get a few posts published this week including a free digi so keep checking back.  I hope everyone is well and fine and life is bringing you good things.  I've been spending a bit of time blog hopping.  I've never actually participated in a hop before and I have to say, I've met some of the most wonderful, caring and downright talented people the last two days.  It's been fun and best of all the hop I'm following is for a great cause.  It's called
Please check it out and help a fellow crafter and meet some amazing people :)
Today, I'd like to introduce you to a very special canine friend.
Bloggers, meet Reagan:
Reagan is a German Shepard Dog who owns my sister Donna and her dear husband Tim.  Reagan is quite a presence in their household.  She alone has thinned out Donna's shoe supply, rearranged bedding to suit her doggie needs and is quite an escape artist.  She just LOVES to have fun and be goofy.  Although her antics sometimes cause chaos, Reagan is loved and brings much joy to Tim.  He and Reagan have a special bond.
  Tim has spent the last few years in a battle with cancer and has kicked its butt!  He is super positive and has a very strong faith.  This week he goes in for blood work and a heart cath to prepare for heart surgery.  Chemotherapy damaged a heart valve and it needs repair so we are saying prayers and sending support.  He is a very special person and we love him very much.
Here's Tim's finished card.  Hugs and Happy Crafting! <3 -Kim
Front
 
Inside
 
Inside detail

Every minute of every day, Tim lives life to the fullest.
The sentiment I chose fits him to a "T."
Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers this week. 
Have a wonderful holiday everyone.
*Hugs*
-Kim
 
The real Reagan in all her glory.
 
Tim with Reagan and her big sister Hope
 

19 comments:

Linda said...

Wowsers. This is great Kim. Got you all covered in prayers. Hope everything goes good for Tim. See ya Tuesday night???

Donna Malloy said...

He will be so moved by the card. I can't wait to see his
reaction. You are creating more than cards, you are capturing
the very essence of a situation and touching the heart of
the receiver. What a gift and talent you have.
I love you, Sis.

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic card, Kim, and I love the sentiment! Prayers for your BIL and the whole family. :-D

Holly Young said...

too stinkin cute!!!!!!!! Love this card and that image is just too darling! thank you for your sweet words on my blog! Now I've found YOUR gorgeous blog! Hugs :)

jackid said...

your Brother in Law is in my thoughts and Reagan sounds just like my Jasper sadly no longer with us we had to have him put down 3 weeks ago it's still very raw but we have loads of wonderful memories
Your card is fabulous and I am sure Tim will love it and the image is sooooo sweet
hugs
Jacki xx http://scullduggery-cardsbyjacki.blogspot.co.uk/

Suze said...

Thank you for sharing the story behind this wonderful card. I'm sure Tim will absolutely love it and best of luck to him. Hugs from NZ, Suze.

tazmadazz said...

Sending prayers Tim's way!! Reagan looks like a jester!!

Ardilla said...

Such a good dog... Thank you so much for sharing this story! It´s amazing how dogs are such good companions :)

Jacq said...

What a great card, I'm sure your bil will love it.
Wishing Tim all the best, thoughts are with you and your family.

Charlene Mitchell said...

Prayers for your BIL and family! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your card and that sentiment is absolutely perfect!!!

Edwina said...

Hello, i just read your post. It is so touching. You all are in my thoughts. I too did Jen's sunshine Blog Hop. It was wonderful. Thanks for sharing your card. It is so adorable. Edwina Brown

Anonymous said...

Greetings and much Prayer from Australia.
It is amazing how much a cat or dog can help you through an illness
they seem to calm you down when worried and get you laughing when you need it or just cuddle up on the bed beside you and help you sleep.
I wish Tim every blessing
Margot Petersen
mrgtpt@bigpond.net.au

Robin said...

Pets are sure there for us, heart and soul. My prayers are sure with Tim and his family. He sure has been through a lot! Your card is so precious!

Silverbutterfly said...

A lovely card and will have you BIL in our thoughts & Prayers. Thank you....

Silverbutterfly

PashaCou said...

Your BIL will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know how close you can get to those german shepards though. My sons' say the dogs are more spoiled than they ever were, lol. They are my buddies and I would be lost without them.
Hugs,

hoptownracer1 said...

Hope Tim's surgery goes well, and he is completely healed in no time! Reagan is gorgeous; as well as the other dog with him! :)

Charlene said...

Your brother in law is in my prayers. He is so lucky to have his best friends (Reagan and Hope) and his family standing beside him, helping him through this time. I pray that God and the two angels he has sent to be by Tim's side, will see your bil through to a healthy end. Thank you so much for the adorable image...and the wonderful story that reminds us what is truly important in life...to have those that we love around us.

Patty said...

Thanks so much for the Shepherd image! And I hope & pray your brother in law comes through this difficult time happy & healthy. My brother in law had stage four Melanoma and has had his varicose veins stripped, heart surgery, and is awaiting knee replacement surgery!! Cancer treatment wreaks havoc on the entire body...I feel your pain!! Hugs to you and your entire family!!

Lynne said...

Oh! wow!
Thankyou so much. Just gorgeous.
Lynne from OZ