Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sassy Cheryl Challenge #139 Nothing Square About This!

Hello Bloggers!  It's been a while.  Our family has a few things going on and it has me traveling out of state.  I miss everyone *sigh*  and I will try to get back to stalking blogs and commenting in the early mornings again.  I'm so curious to see what you've all been up to :)  This week, I'm joining in at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog for a super, fun challenge.  Get your supplies and circle dies and join in.  Cheryl wants us to make a round or oval creation this week. 
I'm using three of Cheryl's fall images.  I've colored them up to resemble my beautiful sister Donna, my fabulous brother Bob and my goofy, quirky self.  This easel card is heading to NJ for the best dad in the world.  Our dad just spent a few days in the hospital and received some life changing news.  Cheryl's images inspired this creation, a message for dad to let him know how much we love him and that we are always here to support him.  Cheryl has some amazing deals going on so make sure you stop by Cheryl's Digi Shop for her Hurricane Sandy Relief Sale.  Help support the storm victims by grabbing a few of her fab digis, then hurry up and join this weeks challenge!  Hugs and Happy Crafting <3-Kim

Papers:  Sage Green Cardstock, Moxie Fall Frolic Paper
Tools/Embellishments:  Spellbinders Circles, Lacey Circles, Petite Scalloped Circles Large, American Art Stamp Laura Hunter, Copics, Memento Ink

8 comments:

Laine said...

Hi Kim, Fabulous card, love it. I am a bit obsessed with easel images at present and will use your card as inspiration, with relevant credit given. What a super idea. Thank you for sharing. Love the images.
Hugs
Laine
X

Sassy Cheryl said...

First off. . . . .I LOVE that you colored up the images to resemble your family members. How cute is that! This is a STUNNER of a card. I love EVERYTHING about it! Super creative and just gorgeous! Your dad is going to LOVE IT!
Thanks for playing in the Nothing Square challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Beautiful, Kim! The images are coloured perfectly and I love your style of card. Sarah x

jkreucher said...

Oh My goodness! this is a pure work of art! your dad is going to love this treasure from the heart!
your coloring and design are fantastic!
So glad you joined us for the Sassy Cheryl Nothing Square challenge this week!
Judy

Anonymous said...

Where did you find the time for this! It is beautiful. I can't wait to have you show me how to work with color. What a special, touching card. He will love it....and thanks for not giving me grey highlights. ;). I love you, Sis. Donna

Dawn said...

totally over-the-top awesome!! love your family easel to your dad...he'll love it!!!
thanks for playing our Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

Ann English said...

Incredible! This caught my eye and I had to come look. I love this!!! Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

What a very unique card. Thanks for sharing. I wasn't able to find an email address for you and I'd like to ask you something in a more private setting so could you please contact me (click on my profile page and then click on the email button). Thanks so much!

Lisa D.