Friday, April 12, 2013

April Showers Bring May Flowers!

It's a very rainy but always fantastic Friday at Oak Pond.  I'm late getting my post out as Blogger decided to be a bugger this morning.  Back on-line so here we go!
Thunderstorms have moved into our area for the next few hours.  We have some pretty spectacular storms here in Myrtle Beach during spring-time and the plant life appreciates it.  Today we're going to take a tour of the gardens at Oak Pond after I remind you about the Birthday Bash Challenge.  You can enter for a chance to win a paper crafting prize pack.  The challenge ends April 30th.
I hope you join in on the fun!
 
Welcome to the Garden!  Enjoy today's tour starting with
OPC's Sunflowers.  I tried to grow these one year and to be honest, they didn't do very well but we did get enough blooms to inspire a photo and a sketch.
 
 
Next are OPC's Stargazer lilies.  One of my favorite blooms, the butterflies go crazy over these bold beauties.
 
Then we have OPC's Hibiscus Flowers. 
 
 
and our final flower is OPC's water lily.


 
Many more plants and flowers are waiting to bloom in the shop so check back often.  I hope you have a wonderful Friday!  Hugs and happy crafting. -Kim
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Linda Compton said...

I have a flower card all colored and "Flower Softed" up. I know I know that is not a word, but it fit my sentence lol. Anyhoo I love your flowers and I also love visiting Oak Pond, so peaceful and serene.