Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"A Swap? What's that?"

Wonderful Wednesday!
Don't forget to grab my end of August Free digi HERE!
I have been a member of Papercraft Planet for a while but unfortunately, I don't get to spend much time there and I'm trying to change that because of the many talented and knowledgeable papercrafters at PCP, it's an incredibly inspiring site.  Recently I found a group called G45fans and was instantly taken with the group.  It's for fans of Graphics 45 papers/embellishments.  After reading the group description I knew I had to join and try a few activities.  Not long after joining I was welcomed in by other members and prompted to try a swap.  "A swap?" I questioned, "what's that?"  I was quickly educated by the wonderful members of the G45fans group on project guidelines, project deadlines, who my swap partner would be and posting etiquette.
After wrapping my head around it all, I committed to my very first swap,
A G45 Wallet Card.  Here's my creation that has already been mailed off to
my swap partner in Canada. 
This wallet card came with a tutorial to follow.
Erica at Pink Buckaroo Designs posted this tutorial.  It has all the specs for you.  Thanks Erica!
The tutorial uses cardstock but I've altered my wallet card to
incorporate cardboard making a wallet book. 
 
This shows the front with a twine and key closure
 
Inside I created the three pockets as required on the left flap and added a pencil/pen holder.
The buttons are from my stash.
On the right flap I added a notepad holder in lieu of a big pocket.   

 
 The key is from Michael's and twine from my never ending stash of twine :)
Designer paper is from the Graphic 45 ABC Primer Collection
If you would like to join Papercraft Planet just click on the name.
 
 I sure had a great time making this and I hope my swap partner likes it.
Go get your craft on! Hugs and happy crafting :) -Kim

3 comments:

Linda Compton said...

Rockin' Kim. This is totally cool. I have to check out this group. I loouuve G45.

I love all the envelope pockets and notepad. This would make a great gift.

But of course, the final wow is for how you decorated it. You certainly have that special eye for color and detail.

Melanie Barnes said...

Hello Kim,

I just had to comment on your gorgeous wallet card, I absolutely love the papers & the design of your wallet card. I'm a member of PCP too, I've been on there a few months, & done a few challenges & swaps...the ladies on there are so friendly. I'm signed up to G45 group, but I haven't done anything on there yet.

Nice to meet you,
Hugs! Melanie.

Josie Hancock said...

Absolutely gorgeous
.