Wednesday, October 9, 2013

All Aboard for a free digi and Thomas the Tank Engine!

Happy Wednesday!  I hope you had fun this past weekend at all of the World Card Making Day blogland festivities .  Don't forget to join the Link Up for Pink breast cancer awareness party.  It's still going on and you can enter a card for some great prizes.
As for the goings on at Oak Pond, we have a few Thomas the Tank engine fans in our family and today I'm sharing my project using some Thomas Designer Paper.  Like many, I have enough designer paper in my studio to last a decade.  I have no business adding more but, when I saw some Thomas the Tank engine paper at my LSS (local scrapbook store) a few months ago, like many....I knew I had to build something with it.  I passed over this paper a hundred times in my stash trying to figure out exactly WHAT to do with it.  It was not a layout for a background or building a general card.  It was a 12 X 12 sheet of cutouts.  After two months it hit me like a Train! (ha-ha)  My Thomas paper had to become an exploding box.  





This was so much fun to build and very easy.  I created the pyramid in the middle by cutting 4 triangles and leaving tabs to glue together.  Printed a sentiment and mounted it on a toothpick that was inserted into the top of the pyramid.  I hope it inspires you to try something new!
Don't forget to grab this months free image below.  Hugs and happy crafting! -Kim
 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/OakPondCreations?ref=si_shop

October Free Image has Expired. Be on the lookout for November's Freebie coming soon!
Please do not post this free image anywhere on the Internet/world wide web.
Copyright is retained by Kim Hecker of Oak Pond Creations.
Angel Policy Applies.

19 comments:

Misty said...

Hi, Misty here. I just popped in as I do every Wednesday to grab your freebie to post over at freedigitalstamps.blogspot.com . I don't usually post but I JUST had to on this Thomas EB! My little boy Tommy was a huge Thomas fan. One day I will have to try to make an exploding box.
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
http://delitefulsuds.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net
----------------------------------

susan said...

Thank you for the freebie! Your box is beautiful and it brought back so many memories of when my godson loved Thomas. He played with the trains, watched the videos and sang along with the songs everyday. I think I remember most of the words after all these years! LOL!

Tanya said...

Fantastic creation, I love Thomas the Tank :D

Tanya xx

Dawn Frost said...

Wow what a gorgeous flower, thank you so much for sharing!

Suze said...

Love the exploding box. Great use of those papers. I'm glad you kept them in your stash till you came up with just the right project for them. Thanks also for the lovely flower image.

sweetpea1030 said...

Really pretty. I want to do this one in pencils. Thanks for sharing.

Silverbutterfly said...

Love your flower digi, thanks a bunch.

Silverbutterfly

Charlene Mitchell said...

This flower is gorgeous Kim! Thanks so much for sharing another awesome image!! hugs xx

Linda Compton said...

TOO STINKIN' CUTE! Oh my gosh. This turned out fun. Hunter will be loving it for sure. I am going to give the exploding box a try. Keep your phone turned on. LOL

Safe travels and we will miss you so much Saturday. Hugs my crafty talented friend. Muwah

Josephine Cox said...

Great creation of a flower that begs to be brought to life. TYVM

SusanS said...

This is a beautiful flower ... looks like a dogwood. Thank you so much!

Lady Anne said...

Thank you Kimberly for this gorgeous flower. I love your images and am so happy to have another one to add to my folder of your work...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
Lady Anne's

Birdie said...

Simply beautiful. Thank you!

Gloria Westerman said...

So pretty....I want to paint this in watercolor....thank you so much for the freebie...

Terrie L said...

Thank you so much!

scrapclose2theheart said...

Well it seems like a lot of us have good memories of Thomas. My grandson loved Thomas so therefore the granddaughter that lived nearby loved him too b/c they played together quite a bit. :) Great memories. Thanks for the freebie. Hugs~Patti

txexperiment said...

Beautiful flower and lovely Thomas project. Thanks for sharing!

Penny Duncan Creations said...

What a VERY pretty flower!!! Thank you for sharing it!!!!!

Darcy Schroeder said...

Thanks, Kim, for the very beautiful flower!!! Very nice of you to share this!

Darcy