Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sketchbook News: Name the Raven Winner and Halloween Treats in the Studio!

Happy Halloween!
There's a lot to cover in this post so let's get right down to it shall we.  I have two new images in the studio this week but first up, I've selected a name for my newest character, the Raven.
There were some great suggestions but I could only choose one.  Don't worry, I have a surprise for everyone who participated so keep reading.
 
Introducing Edgar the Raven and Mabel Mouse
https://www.etsy.com/listing/167143307/digital-stamp-raven-and-the-mouse?ref=listing-shop-header-1

Congratulation Ike!  You've won the image above featuring Edgar and Mabel as well as one other image of your choice from the studio.  Please e-mail me with your choice and I'll send out your images.

Thank you to all who participated.  In appreciation, each participant who left a comment and a name suggestion on my previous post also receives Edgar the Raven and Mabel Mouse. Please e-mail me at khecker@sccoast.net with your name suggestion/s in the subject line and I'll send this image to you.
My next image is Edgar the Raven.  He certainly looks like he has a lot to say.  What do you think?
https://www.etsy.com/listing/167533775/digital-stamp-edgar-the-raven?ref=shop_home_active

Both of these images are available in the Studio.  Just click on the image or my shop badge and you'll be transported to my Etsy Studio.

Next I'm sharing a fun project I made using Graphic 45 papers.  It's a Halloween Slider card.  The complete tutorial link is on YouTube and it's by Sari Hanninen.  THANK YOU Sari :) I took my project a step further than Sari's video.  I altered my measurements to fit the graphics on this designer paper AND because G45 papers are that gorgeous, I just had to make this double slider DOUBLE sided.
This is the first side closed, using vertical images

 With tabs pulled open

 Reverse side, closed and using horizontal images

.... annnnd with tabs opened
This slider was surprisingly easy to make
All papers in this project came from the G45 Steam punk Spells collection.
I hope everyone has a happy Halloween and spooktacular day!
Hugs and happy crafting!
-Kim



4 comments:

Linda Compton said...

Edgar and Mabel are quite the handsome pair! Great name choice. Thanks Kim. Fun contest. Hugs, Linda

Linda Compton said...

Forgot to tell you how cool this card is. I swear, Graphic 45 papers just invoke your creativity. Love them.

Excited about our craft day Saturday. I think we are all planning planning on working on our Christmas cards so put on the Christmas Carols. Hugz

Barbara said...

I love Edgar and Mabel and had such fun reading all the name ideas, they were great. Love your card too and the wonderful Graphic 45 papers you used. I am a huge fan.

Sharon said...

Great slider card. Love the new digis.