Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Gaylord in Color and June's Free Digi!

Good Morning crafty friends.  It's a  perfect Tuesday here in sunny Myrtle Beach.  I hope the sun is shining on you wherever you are.  I'm back from a two day flash trip to New Jersey with mys sister.  We drove up to visit our dad.
Here we are at our favorite diner:
 On Saturday we hung out with dad, watched some television and listened to stories from his childhood.  He was a small child during the World War II era.  He remembers collecting tin-foil pieces and nylons with his mother for the war effort.  His parents gave him a nickle or two a week to take to school and after saving $18.75 in nickles the family would get a $25.00 war bond.  He stood outside his house waving at the troops leaving for war and wondered how many of the boys he waved to would come back home.  Dad tells wonderful stories and has some great memories to share.
We had a nice weekend together. I love and miss you dad :)

When I travel, I always take a sketchbook, some images and my Prismas.  You never know when you'll sneak coloring time in, right?
I did find a bit of time to color between stories, during our History Channel marathon.
I colored Gaylord the Camel and here he is featured on my greeting card.
I use Prisma Pencils when traveling.  They're more portable than my Copics and cost less to replace if I happen to lose one.  The paper is Recollections Card stock.  Gaylord the camel can be purchased at the studio.  Click the watermarked image below to be transported:

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a fabulous week!
Don't forget to grab the
Hugs and happy crafting.
-Kimberly

3 comments:

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Great pic you guys!!
Kim, you know I love Gaylord!!!
Beautiful coloring, girl ~jeni :)

Diana said...

This is the cutes camel, love that grin.
Thank u

Patricia St Martin said...

Kimberly, You did a beautiful job working with the color pencils. Love your Camel. Looking forward to when you sponsor us Twisted Thursday in September.
Hugs, Pat