Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sketchbook News: July's Free Digi and a Challenge!

Happy Tuesday!  I hope you are doing what you love and crafting your heart out this week.  It's been raining in Myrtle Beach with no sun in sight for the next few days.  No worries, I was able to make my own sunshine in the studio over the weekend.  Keep reading.

This week, I'm sponsoring the team at 613 Avenue Create.
The Designers have created beautiful inspiration cards to get you motivated.  Their theme is "Anything Goes" so of  course you can't go wrong annnd if you enter, you have a chance to win 3 stamps from my studio.

This weekend I decided to work on a project with one of my older stamps.  I visited my friend Linda over at Turtle in the Sand.  She works at a little scrapbook store in Myrtle Beach.  Linda held a color and chat class and we had a great time coloring our images and chatting away.  I decided to tackle a Birthday card with the image.  I've featured "Baxley's Sunflower." All paper is from my stash.  Solid card stock is Recollections.
Spellbinders ovals to trim the image, twine and sateen ribbon for embellishment and a Recollections brad.
Copics for color
See, I made my own sunshine :)
You can read more about Baxley's Sunflower and how it ended up on my sketchbook HERE.  Click the image below to purchase this image and create your very own sunshine!

I hope you have a fabulous week.  Don't forget to check out the gals at 613 Avenue and remember to grab your Oak Pond Creations July Freebie!  Hugs and happy crafting.
-Kim

1 comment:

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous coloring Kim! I love your curved sentiment. ~jeni :)