Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sketchbook News: New Release and a Happy Birthday!

It's a happy day at Oak Pond.  Our youngest son Evan is celebrating his 15th birthday today.  It's hard to believe how fast our sons have grown.  Take a look.
This was Evan yesterday:

And this is Evan (right) today:
Boy, does time fly!
Last week I  sat with Evan and watched him play a video game.  The game had crazy little pigs running around like mad and it made us laugh.  I asked Evan, would he like his birthday card character to be a pig.  He laughed and said "that'll be cool mom."  That was all the inspiration I needed.
Introducing:
Boris
Boris and his bucket of ice cream are ready for Evan's party.

For his card I've used Recollections card stock, a Tim Holtz embellishment, Recollections brads, Cuttlebug embossing folder and die (for the tag.) I added color with Copic Sketch markers.  Boris is in the studio and you can find him here:


I hope you have a great week.  Don't forget to visit the previous post and grab July's free digi before it disappears forever.  Hugs and happy crafting.
-Kimberly

3 comments:

Janet said...

Love the pig! So cute!

Debi said...

Cute image and card. You must be so proud of your son. They grow up so fast.

*Vicki* said...

I love this guy!! He's so much fun to color! :) Thank you!!