Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Bible Journey

Howdy Artists!  I share a bit of my creative time with God. If you have a journaling Bible, you understand.  This is how I created a custom set of tabs for my journaling Bible.

Our pastor has a passion for teaching us the truth in God's word and during a sermon sends us flipping from one book to another for reference and learning.  Adding bible tabs went from a fun idea I'd occasionally toss around to a great idea that needed to get done fast.

I set up the graphics on the computer using Microsoft Publisher, a tedious task but worth it.  I now have a forever template.
I'm a plain Jane kinda gal and chose basic craft card stock to print my tabs.  I've seen many colors and patterns on the internet for you to choose from.
Instead of laminating my tabs, I scrubbed my paper with beeswax then used a heat gun to melt and seal it.  (Beeswax also gives paper a unique, antique look that I like.)
This photo shows all of my supplies

My original tab punch was a bit large, I used a rounded corner punch to modify my tabs just a bit.

 I folded each tab and measured the dimensions of my bible before doing anything else.

I used Sookwang double sided adhesive on each tab as shown below

Finished project

If you decide to create your own tabs, check out Pinterest for great examples.
Regardless of DIY tabs or purchasing them remember to:
*Layout the pattern before adhering.
*Check and double check before making anything permanent!
*Make sure you can see the name of the books on the tabs when the bible is closed.
*Do NOT rush :)

"Fast is fine but accuracy is everything." -Wyatt Earp

I'd love to see examples of your Bible Journals.  You can post them to my FB page here:
https://www.facebook.com/OakPondCreations

Hugs and Happy Crafting! God bless you -Kimberly
1 Corinthians 10:31

1 comment:

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Your Bible tabs are so beautiful. Perfect font and I am impressed with your ability to line them up so straight. ;) Great job my friend. Can't wait to see them in person. ~jeni :)