Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Merry Christmas 2016!

I love spending this time of year celebrating the birth of Jesus with my loved ones.  I hope you are enjoying it too and that this Christmas season brings you joy.  
In this post, I'm sharing the ornament I put together this year.  It follows a story I read.  You might be familiar with it.  I've read many versions and tried unsuccessfully to verify the author.
The story is about a young person that walks along the shore and one by one picks up beached starfish and tosses them back into the sea.  This person is approached by another who says the task is fruitless because there are hundreds, maybe thousands of beached star fish...
far too many for the young person to make a difference.
The young person looks at the skeptical observer then reaches down, plucks another starfish from the sand, tosses it into the sea and replies
"It made a difference to that one."

Wire Wrapped Starfish Ornament

Supplies:
Jewelers Tools
Jewelry wire (small gauge) of your choice
Dremmel tool and drill bit
Pearls or other gemstone (pre-drilled) of your choice
Wire wrap your pearl onto the starfish making sure to thread the pearl during the process. I used 28 gauge copper wire. It's easy to bend and work with and small enough to thread the pearl.
Drill a hole in one of the fingers of your star fish.
This creates a thread anchor for the wire wrapped hanger.
It's a dusty, messy job.  Wear a mask or do it outside.
Thread the jewelry wire through the hole and wrap it around the drilled finger.  At the top, make a jewelry loop using round nose jewelry pliers.  You've made your tree hook.  That's It!

Make a difference.  Big or small, it matters.  You matter.
Merry Christmas to you and your families and have a joyous new year!
God Bless You,
-Kimberly

1 comment:

Linda Compton said...

Oh Kim, this is really special. Crafty Day for Jeni and I to make these please!!!!!! Merry Christmas to you, Lou and the boys. I love you.